Since 1 January 2015, the Australian government requires all new and current students enrolled in vocational colleges to have a ‘Unique Student Identifier’ (USI).
If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment. If you don’t have a USI you will not receive your qualification or statement of attainment.
If you do not have a USI, you need to obtain it as soon as possible. You can find more details about this new initiative on the Australian Government
How to apply for a USI
- 1. Have one of the following forms of ID
- Australian Passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa)
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Australian Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Certificate of Registration by Decent
- Citzenship Certificate
- 2. Click on ‘Create your USI’.
- 3. Agree to the terms and conditions.
- 4. Fill in your personal and contact details.